- This event has passed.
The Gathering Table
June 1, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The Gathering Table is an informal time for women to meet and build relationships within our church body, through sharing a meal, as we seek to be known and to pursue knowing and loving others in community. Topics of discussion will be intentional as we seek to create a safe space to talk about how our daily life intersects with our faith and the difficulties and joys we encounter along the way.
- The potluck meal will be hosted in the homes of various women in our community and will be limited to the first 8 people that sign up for each host site.
- Each person will be asked to participate in providing food for the meal as the hostess requests.
- The hostess will contact each person who has signed up with additional information including address and food items needed.
- New dates for The Gathering Table will continually be added as they become available.
- No childcare is available.
- Want to host The Gathering Table in your home? Once you attend The Gathering Table you can ask your hostess about signing up.
As we seek to live out our faith in community and build an accurate view of living a life with Godly focus, we want to provide a safe space for you to meet new friends, to talk about your faith and to partake in the beautiful spiritual discipline of sharing a meal with others. As Christ followers we have a rich history of connecting a meal with other believers in the Passover meal and the Communion meal, and we want to give you an opportunity to share in table fellowship with other women at Village Church as we seek to love God and love others. A shared meal with others is not only a gift but also a means of grace in our lives.
“When Jesus himself wanted to explain to his disciples what his forthcoming death was all about, he didn’t give them a theory, he gave them a meal.” N.T. Wright
Click the button to signupSign up