Our recent “Vision Sunday” sermon’s discussion revolved around the TERMS of Discipleship. In response, one of our community groups applied the “Spiritual Discipline” of prayer together by breaking down some ways to pray together for the Church. This document was shared at their group meeting, and each couple took an area to pray over. I thought I’d share this idea here. Also, I’m always looking for new ideas to share. Each group has strengths, and sharing our gifts with one another is an excellent way that we can collaborate. Reach out to me if you have anything you’d like to share…
In case you missed it, you can watch or listen to the sermon below.
“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Matthew 18:20
- Pray for churches worldwide that are lulled and aimless, that they can be awakened.
- “Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?” Psalm 85:6
- Pray for Mega churches – for restoration; and for small churches closing – that they will have hope in the Lord.
- “If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” John 14:14
- Pray for people without a church home – for their brokenness, that they may find healing and hope, and a new church home that will love and care for them.
- “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13
- Pray for VCOB
- “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 3:20
- For our church body, that we can love on these people and point them to the Lord.
- For our leadership.
- That we can be church that is intentional about the key ingredients of disciple making (TERMS)
- For the building and for God’s faithfulness over providing the space and accommodations needed
- Closing, prayer for our group this year- Pray for anyone in the group that has a need or burden.
- “Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another.” Romans 12:15-16
- “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2