WEEK 4 – BE GENEROUS
This week, we’re asking our a church family to embrace what the Lord has for each of us in giving our time, treasure & talents to the local church.
At Village Church, we believe that generosity begins where duty ends. We challenge you to live financially wise so you can be extraordinarily generous & accomplish more for God’s kingdom by supporting global ministries, local ministries, and your local church.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING ON BEING GENEROUS
Village Church Q&A Podcast
Episodes on Tithing & Generosity
The Bible has a lot to say about being generous. If you need additional training on this topic, our Q&A podcasts has several past episodes you can listen to. Here are a few to get you started. If you have additional questions, feel free to submit them on the Q&A Podcast page.
14 EPISODES on tithing & generosity - (Click to open)
- Episode 86: Why Should I Give MY Money to my Local Church?
- Episode 87: Sometimes I Don’t Have Enough Money Left Over Each Month To Give. What Should I Do?
- Episode 88: How Much Money Should I Give to my Local Church?
- Episode 89: I’m Struggling With How My Local Church is Spending Money. What Should I Do?
- Episode 90: I Am in Debt. Should I Still Give to the Church Even Though Every Dollar I Give Prolongs my Debt?
- Episode 91: Is It Okay to Give my Time Rather Than my Money?
- Episode 92: What if I Committed to Give to my Local Church, But am Behind?
- Episode 93: Is Tithing to a Non-church or Non-Christian Organization Actually a Tithe?
- Episode 94: Will God Bless Me Financially if I Give Generously?
- Episode 174: Does The Church Only Want My Money?
- Episode 548: Credit Card Debt & Tithing?
- Episode 549: Should I Tithe When Emergencies Come Up?
- Episode 550: Can I Tell People What I Tithe?
- Episode 653: Is It OK to Stop Tithing in My Season of Healing from Church Hurt?
Be Generous with Time & Talent: Serve
Being generous extends to more than just monetary giving. It includes generosity of your time, using the talent that the Lord has graciously blessed you with. Check out our Serving Hub to find an opportunity to use your time & talent to serve the Lord at Village Church.
Urgent Serving Need: Foyer Renovation WORK DAY
If you have the time or the talent to help out on our next scheduled work day for the foyer expansion, we need you! We’re looking for 5-6 general laborers, as well as an electrician to join us on February 8 for our second work day.
Be Generous: Gift a Bible
This year, we’ve challenged every regular attendee and member to commit to studying the word of God daily as you pursue spiritual vibrancy and growth. But did you know there are several people within our own church family and community who don’t have a copy of the Bible? Consider giving the gift of God’s word to someone through this $25 offering by clicking the link below & selecting “Gift a Bible // Together 2020” from the dropdown list.
Sign Up for Our Vision Dinner
March 14 at 5:30 p.m. | Maggiano’s Little Italy in Schaumburg
The Vision Dinner is all about food, celebration, & the future.
Join us around a delicious meal in celebration of all God accomplished in 2019, & in anticipation of the vision God has put on our hearts for the future.
We are especially excited to share with you next steps on a major facilities expansion as well as our third Village Church location. See you there!