There Ain’t No Hood Like Motherhood
Our theme for this year will be Arise. We will unpack what that means through the testimonies of women, sharing from the Bible, and our own experiences. Join us as we are called to ARISE.
Women’s Ministry Director
What Is Moms Alive?
Moms Alive exists to build a community of moms who love each other like family as we share our hopes, fears, and insights. We hope to foster an environment of encouragement and deep connection while we honor our faith, our motherhood, and our schedules!
We know so many moms long for a time of connection with other women. Our goal is to encourage that connection, but to ultimately give you the time to process and consume God’s Word without the interruptions that motherhood so often brings with it.
This spring, Moms Alive will typically gather on the first Sunday evenings in large group format (a few holidays/events we need to work around.) We will also have some bonus opportunities to connect and do service projects.
- Meeting Details
Sundays (typically 1st Sunday of the month)
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
At Village Church
- Large Group Schedule
* Jan 3 – New Years!
* Jan 31 – (February’s gathering)
* March 7
* April 11 (moved due to Easter)
*Jan 17 will be our first service project. 6:30 PM at Village Church. Packing beauty bags for Rahab’s Daughters.
- Meeting Structure
*Gather in foyer for connecting and speaker. We will meet outside if possible with weather and evening structure.
*Break into discussion group with moms parenting similar-aged children
* The chairs are already set for our use in Sanctuary. This allows you to sit where you are comfortable (from slipping into the back or sitting with a friend. The space is there!)
* Per our church guidelines on masks, masks are not required where social distancing is possible. We do encourage masks for the evening, specifically where you are in close proximity and maintaining distance is a challenge.
* Small groups from the fall will continue into the spring.
- Additional Notes
*No longer affiliated with MOPS.
*Cost for 2021 first semester is $25.
*Indoor gatherings will meet in the sanctuary to allow more space.
*Starting at 6:30 PM to make the night earlier.
*Unfortunately no onsite childcare available.
*We will follow COVID guidelines for building use from VCOB. You are encouraged to wear a mask, but masks are not required if social distancing is observed.